Stage 3 Water Restrictions are in effect. For more information click HERE!

The Village of Delburne is under a Fire Restriction Order. For more information click HERE!

Animal Control

Animal Control

Animal Control Services, Bylaw Enforcement Officer

D. Lausen



The Responsible Pet Ownership Bylaw is enforced by Klassic Kennels Animal Control Services.

Their hours of operation for non-urgent calls are 9 am - 5 pm Monday - Friday.

If you have an after-hours emergency, please call the above number and the answering service will put you through to an on-call officer.

For more information about Animal Control Services, visit their website:

Delburne in Detail

Our Delburne in Detail gives a easy breakdown of Bylaw #1166/2020: The Responsible Pet Ownership Bylaw.  Click image to view:



Click below to view Bylaw #1166/2020:
Responsible Pet Ownership Bylaw


Cat and Dog Licenses

While pets are welcome in our Village, cat and dog licences are required and irresponsible owners are subject to prosecution. Cats and dogs running at large are subject to impoundment.

If you are new to the Village or have a new cat or dog, you need to register your pet at the Village office to get a licence. If you pet is spayed or neutered, documentation is required the first time you register them. 


Pet Fees

If the license is paid before January 31 of the year, or if the owner purchases a license before owning an animal for 30 days, or if an owner purchases a license within 30 days of moving to Delburne, the fees are as follows:

Fixed Pet (spayed or neutered) $15.00
Unaltered Pet (not spayed or neutered) $30.00
The replacement cost for a lost tag is $5.00


After January 31 of the year, pet license fees are:

Fixed Pet (spayed or neutered) $25.00
Unaltered Pet (not spayed or neutered) $50.00


Download the form here:

Pet Licensing Application Form



Animal Complaints

If you have a complaint about a cat or dog, please fill out the Animal Complaint Form which can be downloaded at the link below.

If you have a complaint about dogs barking, Animal Control Services requires that the barking be tracked for 5 days. There is a spreadsheet on page two of the complaint form.

More information will come regarding cat trapping as we navigate the new Responsible Pet Ownership Bylaw and work with Animal Control Services.

To contact Animal Control Services, please call 403-506-9380.

Animal Complaint Form



Off Leash Dog Park

Delburne has a fenced, off-leash area located on the DECRA grounds between the outdoor rink and the skate park. This is a great space to let your furry fido run unabashedly! Otherwise, all dogs must be leashed while in public spaces. All park areas are designated "No Dogs Allowed" that must be adhered to and are subject to fines.


© 2024 Village of Delburne Alberta | Log in
Website by EDGE Marketing & Design Inc.