Hall Rental Agreement Conditions
1. The Renter agrees that all COVID 19 protocols will be observed during the rental.
2. The Renter agrees to use the Facility only for the Function that is indicated above, during the agreed upon Rental period.
3. This agreement may not be assigned, in whole or in part, by the Renter without the express written authorization of the Village of Delburne.
4. The Renter will not permit any damage to occur to the Facility and will leave the premises in the same condition or substantially the same condition as when the Renter entered the Facility for the Function.
5. In the event the Renter undertakes or permits any activity within the Facility Grounds, which activities may be a nuisance or cause property damage or may cause personal injury, or in the event the Renter is in default of any of the terms and conditions herein, the Village of Delburne may terminate this agreement forthwith immediately. The Village of Delburne, its directors, officers and agents will not be liable for any theft, loss or damage of property of the Renter, its agents, employees, servants or invites, however so caused.
6. The Renter must obtain and provide proof of event insurance when alcohol is being served. The Insurance must name the Village of Delburne as additionally insured. A copy is to be provided to the Village prior to the event
7. Where alcohol is being served, the Renter must adhere to the Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission (AGLC) Regulations. For more information, please visit www.aglc.ca or call 780-447-8846.
8. Alcohol is not permitted outside the hall.
9. If the BBQ is rented, it is the responsibility of the Renter to clean the BBQ after use. The BBQ may not leave the property.
10. Decorations are not permitted on painted walls, light fixtures or fans however, decorations are permitted on the vertical wood slats on the north and south walls with tacks only.
11. No confetti of any kind shall be used in the hall.
12. The Renter is responsible for all set up and take down including to ensure all chairs and tables are returned to their storage areas.
13. No RV trailers can be parked overnight at the hall.
14. Please do not remove any existing items from the walls and do not move the piano.
15. Open flames are not permitted in hall, this includes candles. LED lighting only
16. Please report any problems, concerns, missing supplies, damage etc. on the back of the Tenant Checklist sheet.
17. Deposits will only be refunded if cancellation is more than 30 days before the date of the event.
18. Your damage deposit will be forfeited if the Renter responsibilities are not carried out or will be reduced should extra cleaning be required as deemed necessary by the Community Hall Contracted Caretaker.
19. The hall is rented on a “first come, first served” basis with a deposit of ½ the rental cost to hold your date.
The hall capacity, by law, must not exceed 575 people at a seated event without alcohol, or 360 people at a seated event with alcohol.
The Delburne Community Hall is a non-smoking facility.
The Delburne Community Hall is a designated Emergency Reception Centre that may be used in the event of an emergency by the Village of Delburne and/or Red Deer County. If your event is disrupted by an emergency situation, the Village of Delburne or Red Deer County may consider reimbursement for any losses.
Do you have a question about the Hall? Contact us at the Village of Delburne:
Village Office: 2111 20th St