What is Neighborhood Place?
- It's the starting point for community members who are looking for help.
It brings together children and families, providers and professionals, volunteers and others to solve problems and to plan and provide services.
It provides opportunities for community groups and organizations to partner and network.
- Link people to resources that will strengthen the social well being of the community and its children.
- Track & monitor community issues.
- Work with a number of community groups and organizations.
- Helps with providing programs and services that are needed in our community.
- We believe it takes a village to raise a child. We value a safe, nurturing and accepting environment for all families.
Delburne Neighborhood Place
The starting point for community members looking for help.
Coordinator: Jayne Harrison
Bringing together children and families, providers, professionals, volunteers and others to solve problems and provide services.
About Delburne Neighborhood Place:
We operate with funding from the Ministry of Children’s Services and donations from our local groups and organizations.
We are overseen by a volunteer board of 8 members. We meet once a month to review and discuss pertinent information regarding our community and Neighborhood Place operation.
Our programs include:
- Mom’s & Tot’s - Delburne & Pine Lake
- Roots of Empathy
- Healthy Relationship Centre
- Domestic Violence Referrals & Counselling
- SAFE Family-Education & Awareness of Domestic Violence, Accessing Resources, East Red Deer Early Childhood Coalition, & Sport Ball.