Delburne Centralized School is located in the beautiful rolling hills of Alberta’s Parkland, approximately 45 km east of Red Deer. Our family oriented school serves approximately 400 students from Kindergarten to Grade 12 who live in the village of Delburne and the surrounding area. Elnora School is our primary feeder school and we are proud to welcome Elnora students when they join us in Grade 9.
Our school mission is to facilitate each student’s success. We hope that all students will experience a Quality Learning Environment in every facet of their education at D.C.S. Delburne School offers a full range of academic courses as well as opportunities for students to participate in work experience and apprenticeship programs. Additional help is available for students requiring it on both a short term and long term basis. Our staff is proud that we make every effort to promote the students’ academic, physical, social and emotional growth.
Athletics is a large focus and the Delburne Trojans have a proud, successful history of the team and individual success. We support a wide range of extracurricular opportunities that further connect students to their school. Our goal for the school involves having as many students as possible actively participating in an extracurricular activity.
We have an active Parent Advisory Committee, a monthly newsletter called the Trojan Tribune, regular assemblies to recognize excellence, a hot lunch program, a daily community run breakfast program and a strong core of volunteers. We look for opportunities for our students to be involved in the community and to give back the support they receive on a regular basis.
Delburne Centralized School Toward 2020:
- To enhance students’ sense of belonging; mastery; independence and creative problem solving; and generosity towards others and the community.
- To have students take increased responsibility for planning and time management.
- To structure our school for flexibility in time, resources and educational choice.
- To increase student learning.
- To improve communication with all stakeholders.
The Delburne Playschool is a great way for your 3-4-year-old to have fun and interact with other children in the community in a stress-free, active setting. This is also a great way for young parents to meet each other and form lasting bonds throughout their children’s school years.
Classes run every Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:00 - 11:30 am and afternoons 12:30 - 3:00 pm in the basement of the St. Michael’s Catholic Church. We start mid-September and run until the end of May each year. The Playschool Board has the option to continue Playschool into the month of June to make up for bad weather days, etc. The Delburne Playschool Society is a non-profit organization funded by the Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) of Red Deer, Alberta. Pick up a current enrollment form at the Delburne Village Office.
- Carole Warner - 403-340-6822
- Email -
- Location - 1832 22nd Ave Delburne
- Classes run September through to May on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 am to 11:30 am. Students must be at least 3 years of age and fully potty trained.
- Cost is $60.00/ month
- Meet the teacher night is September 5th at 7pm.
- First day of school is September 11th, 9am-11:30 pm
- Registration forms may be picked up from the village Office or you can contact Carole at 403-340-6822 or for more information.
Community Harvest Gym:
Within our school exists a community fitness gym. Community members may buy a gym membership for only $50.00 a year (membership year runs from August 31, 2015 - June 27, 2016) and enjoy a wide variety of fitness equipment. DCS students 14 and older may purchase a membership for $10.00. After school, students using the facility must be accompanied by an adult. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday from 8:00am-8:30pm. Closed school holidays and weekends. For more information please call 403-749-3838. Or visit the website Delburne Centralized School.