Delburne Utility E-Billing
Signed up for e-billing but didn't receive a emailed bill?
- Check your spam/junk folder for an email from
- Please add to your contacts so that it doesn't go in your spam/junk folder.
- Contact the Village office to make sure that the email we have on file is the correct one.
- Email us at the address listed above or call us at 403-749-3606
Want to sign up for e-billing?
The Village of Delburne is providing property owners with the opportunity to have their Delburne monthly utility bills sent by email instead of a paper copy. There is no obligation to sign up for e-billing as paper copies will still be mailed out.
E-billing service is for property owners only. If you rent out your property, it is your responsiblity to make arrangements with your tenant regarding utility bill payments. The Village of Delburne will NOT email or mail utility bills to renters.
For filing purposes, please fill out one form per property if you own multiple properties. Thank you!
Download e-billing form:
Printed & Signed forms can be sent to:
Delburne Municipal Office: 2111 20th Street
Mailed to:Village of Delburne Box 341 Delburne, AB T0M 0V0
The Compost Bin and Rain Barrel Rebate Programs take place between May 1, 2023 to October 31, 2023.
Click the links below to learn more about Delburne Utility Rebates.
Delburne Utility Bills
Utility bills are sent out the first week of the month for the previous month's services. Those service charges are for basic water consumption, residential or non-residential consumption, sewer, garbage and recycling.
Utility bills are only sent out to property owners. If you rent out your property, you must coordinate with your renter regarding utility bill payments. Though we will not change the address into the renters name, property owners send the Delburne Municipal office a signed letter stating that the renter can access account information such as the balance or water consumption.
For information about garbage and recycling visit our Garbage & Recycling page.
There is a basic water consumption rate along with a usage consumption rate. For current utility rates, please refer to the fees in the in the Fees & Charges Bylaw.
Utility Bill Payments
Here's how you can pay your utility bill:
- In person at the Delburne Municipal Office (2111 20th St) during business hours. Payment can be made by cheque, cash, debit or credit card. For credit card payments a 3% service fee is applied.
- Delburne Municipal Office door after-hours dropbox: Put your cheque or cash along with the top portion of your invoice in an envelope and place it in the after-hours dropbox of the front door of the Municipal office (2111 20th St).
- Online Banking with Servus Credit Union, Scotiabank, and ATB Financial. Unfortunately these are the only three financial institutions that take Delburne Utility bill payments as they do not charge fees to municipalities.
- OptionPay - pay by credit card online. A 3% service fee is applied. Click the logo to pay.
If you have any questions about utility bill payments, contact our office at 403-749-3606 or email: .
If you are experiencing a water emergency and you require the water to be turned off at the curbside, please contact Delburne Public Works at 403-749-3607. Please note that there is a Emergency Turn off fee. For a current rate please review the Fees & Charges Bylaw.
To keep our sewer system functioning, please do not flush anything down the toilet except for toilet paper. Learn more about non-flushables and maintaining our sewer system by viewing this info sheet:
Locating Underground Infrastructure
Whether you are landscaping, building a new fence or deck, or simply planting a garden, disturbing the ground on your property can cause damage to a buried utility. Some utilities are buried mere centimetres below the surface.
The result of a contact with a buried line can range from loss of an essential service for you or your neighbours to serious injury or fatalities. The financial costs of repairing any damage you cause to a buried utility will be borne by you, the excavator. Before you disturb the ground for any reason:
Click Before You Dig
Contact Utility Safety Partners to request that the buried utilities on your property be located and marked.
A minimum of Three Full Working Days' Notice is required in order for facility owners to respond to a routine request. Large Project Tickets require a minimum of Five Full Working Days' Notice.
NOTE: Locate response times can vary and a longer lead time is recommended during the busiest months (May, June, July, August and September).
Utility Safety Partners will send a ticket to the Village of Delburne to locate the water & sewer lines on your property.
Delburne is equipped with high speed internet. Recently the village partnered with Red Deer County, Valo Networks and Tether Communications to build a fiber optics network.
If you wish to learn more about high speed internet in Delburne visit:
Electricity & Natural Gas Utilities
If you are new to Delburne or you are interested in your options regarding electricity and natural gas retailers & distributors, check out the informative websites below.
Utilities Consumer Advocate
The Office of the Utilities Consumer Advocate has a mandate to educate and mediate for Alberta’s small business, farm, and residential electricity, natural gas and water consumers, and advocate for energy consumers.
- We educate through a wide range of outreach and engagement activities.
- We advocate by representing the interests of residential, farm, and small business consumers in regulatory proceedings.
- We mediate disputes between consumers and utility companies and have a team of mediation officers who provide advice and information on energy-related issues like energy choice and charges on a utility bill.
To view the UCA site, click the link below:
Energyrates.ca is Alberta-based and is Canada's largest unbiased energy review website. Their site lists all retailer electricity and natural gas options for each deregulated Canadian market.
Energyrates.ca can assist you to quickly find out what electricity and natural gas offerings are available in Delburne. The Alberta energy rates comparison form will give you the local rates.
For more information, visit their website at the link below:
ATCO Electric is the wire services provider for Delburne. They deliver electricity to nearly 227,000 customers in north and east-central Alberta. They also read your meter, install and maintain the street lights that keep our community safe and so much more.
Website: ATCO Electric
ATCO Gas is the proud provider of natural gas service to over 1.1 million customers in almost 300 communities across Alberta, including Delburne. As your natural gas distributor, they have a number of ways they can help with your natural gas needs.
Website: ATCO Gas
ATCO Gas Emergency: 1-800-511-3447