Compost Bin Rebate Program
The Village of Delburne is offering a Compost Bin Rebate Program where residents who purchase and install a new compost bin can apply for a rebate of $50.00 to be applied to their utility account.
The benefit of a compost bin is that it helps with reducing the amount of organic waste going to the landfill and creates a nutrient-rich fertilizer which can be used in gardens. Having a properly contained compost bin also keeps the pests out of the compost.
Who qualifies for a rebate?
You qualify if you:
- Are a Village of Delburne Resident
- Have a Village of Delburne utility (water bill) account.
- Purchase a compost bin between May 1, 2022 and October 31, 2022
- Install and operate a compost bin at a property located in the Village of Delburne
- Have not purchased a compost bin through another municipality’s incentive program.
- Include a copy of the receipt of your compost bin purchase. The receipt must clearly indicate the name of the store, product name, price and date of purchase. Your name must be clearly written on the receipt.
The program runs from May 1, 2022 – October 31, 2022. Please allow 8 – 12 weeks for the credit to be applied to your account if you meet the qualifications of the program.
Maximum of one rebate per utility account at this time.
Read the Compost Bin Q & A Backgrounder
Fill out the Compost Bin Rebate Application Form and submit it to the Delburne Municipal Office by October 31, 2022.