Family & Community Support Services - Community Worker
Fulltime – Permanent (37.5 hours/week)
The Village of Delburne is a municipal partner in the Red Deer Family and Community Support Services Board. Under the direction and guidance of the FCSS Act and Regulation, we respond to community needs with programs and events that strengthen and improve the quality of life for families, individuals and children.
FCSS Community Worker Duties:
- Research available services in the community and surrounding area by maintaining positive relationships and building on current knowledge of services.
- Assist individuals or groups to gain access to needed social services by providing information and referrals.
- Help to identify local needs; and to assist in the development of projects by providing guidance, consultation, and mentorship to community groups which includes group facilitation, volunteer recruitment, and community development in the areas of FCSS.
- Help people to develop interpersonal and group skills which enhances constructive relationships among people.
- Completion of a post-secondary certificate/diploma or combination work/life experience, specific to social issues, community development and program planning.
- A minimum of five (5) years related experience, particularly in community-based agencies.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills, enhanced organizational and advanced computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and recruit /coordinate volunteers to assist in delivery of programs/events.
- Proven volunteer management skills along with innovative and relevant knowledge of various sources of funding.
- Proven facilitation skills with the ability to work collaboratively with little supervision.
- Demonstrated experience working with community boards and volunteers.
- This position will require some flexibility in work hours and use of personal vehicle.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Acceptable Criminal Records Check.
Please submit a detailed resume and cover letter describing your experience and
abilities with respect to the above listed qualifications to the attention of:
Karen Fegan, CLGM, CT
Village of Delburne
Box 341, Delburne, AB T0M 0V0
For more information contact Karen at 403-749-3606
Applications accepted until March 14th, 2021, or until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.